This is all about foundation TESL in UiTM.You will finish 2 semester for
foundation and before you get the offer you have to attend for AN
1) you( the candidate) must come ready and enthusiastic about the interview.
2) there will have two sessions, 1st they will give you a written test
then followed by the spoken interview. in the written test you'll given
mcq questions(vocab n grammar) and one essay while the spoken interview
will ask about current issues n global issues esp about education.you
should answer confidently n provide with proper answer.
3) Your score for both and your overall performance in the interview will be considered for admission programme.
4) Overall,you must demonstrate high proficiency in english in all the skills.
But before the interview you must be well-prepared too..
- You need to have strong or good English knowledge especially in speaking, writing and grammar.
- You need to have a good communication or speaking skill
- You have good interest to learn English
- You need to know more about current issues and general knowledge
For SPM result...
- You must get at least A2 in English 1119
- Credit in Mathematics
Overall, becoming a TESLIAN is very easy because,basically it's all about English language...
These are the subjects for TESL in UiTM (1st Sem).
- College Writing 1
- College Reading 1
- Listening and Speaking 1
- Grammar 1
- Malaysian Studies
- College Study Skills
- Computer Literacy
- Islamic Education Studies
For 2nd Sem, you will meet...
- College Writing 2
- College Reading 2
- Listening and Speaking 2
- Grammar 2
- Introductry Literature
- Basic Principles in Education
- Language and Drama
- Islamic Education Studies 2
After this foundation,it is not compulsory for you to do B.Ed TESL..but to do B.Ed TESL you must get at least band 4 for muet and CGPA above 3.5...the more is better...if you dont want to do B.Ed TESL,you can apply:
mass communication course,modern language and communication and any courses that related with human science field (bidang sains kemanusiaan).
When you are taking TESL doesnt mean that u have to be a teacher...there are so many jobs that you can apply after you have finished your study...for example
- News reader
For the conclusion,if you said that "english is my passion"..this is the place for you..Taking TESL is not as hard as you think...if you are a language people then you will know that it is so fun to learn English. you don't need to do mathematics, play with numbers and formula that give some headache..(we are TESLIAN hate mathematics..hehe)..you also have enough timeto do your hobbies and hanging out with your friends..(like we always do..hehe)...Some of the lecturers make their teaching sessions so fun and interactive..we play games, watching movies in the class and singing...Well, simple to say that ENGLISH IS FUN...